Chennai is a special ooru and
Tamil is a special mozhi - versatile, extensive, and growing every day, posing challenges for translators and editors. How do we bridge the gap between the spoken and the written, the formal and the informal? How can we communicate simply to children, while retaining the integrity of the language, staying true to its rhythm and syntax, and capture its sounds and moods? We're constantly trying to find creative ways of meeting these challenges, not only in our Tamil picture books but also in our bilingual books which have English paired with Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati and Bangla.
Don't miss the Namma Kweezzzu on Friday, 26th August 2011, 3.30-4.30 PM as part of Madras Week celebrations.
How to play:
1. If you don't have a Twitter id yet, GET ONE quick gun murugan!
2. Log in, search, and follow kweezzz this very second.
3. Log in at 3.30 PM on 26th August, Friday, and watch out for the questions appearing from kweezzz in your Timeline.
4. To answer, type @kweezzz (your answer) in the What's Happening box. If you don't type @kweezzz, we will not be able to see your answer. Goyya only then!
5. Please answer a question within 2 minutes of it appearing on the Timeline. Late-ah vandha inga latesta vara mudiyadhu.
6. The answer to a question will be revealed at the end of the said 2 minutes. A total of 10 questions will be asked.
7. The final winner will be decided by Tulika and s/he will get a free copy of any bilingual picture book or picture book in Tamil of his/her choice.
8. Don't forget to follow tulikabooks on Twitter to hear all our tweets! Let the kondattams or bondattams (as the prince of Bondapalli would have it) begin!
There are semma offers, too! Buy any 3 bilingual picture books for Rs.275! Buy any 5 picture books in Tamil for Rs 450! Offer valid till September 7, 2011 wonly!